Scotland’s Hottest Championship Event Venue.
Machrihanish Dunes is unquestionably one of the U.K.’s hottest golf destinations. With a links course that’s a perennial Top-100 and two beautiful award-winning hotels and golf cottages it makes for an ideal setting for hosting some of Scotland’s most exciting golf events.
- The Campbeltown Open
- Shepherds Cross Tournament
- Scottish Golf & Whisky Galore Tournament
- The Black Sheep Open
- Autumn Pairs Classic
Men and women from all over will be joining us for this open tournament and celebration on Saturday, 27th June. The 18- hole, stroke play tournament will take place on our UK Top-100 links golf course, and will feature a grand prize of a 2-night stay in our award-winning accommodation, complete with golf, as well as other prizes for closest to the pin, longest drive, and more.
Afterwards, join us at The Kintyre Club for a delicious buffet and live music as we celebrate what’s sure to be an exciting
Tournament Fee: £20 per person, £15 for locals, and £10 for MGDC members
Buffet and Live Music Celebration: £22 per person
The Shepherds Cross Tournament returns to Machrihanish Dunes Golf Club! This 4-man scramble offers the best of two amazing courses: play the first nine holes of the tournament at Machrihanish Golf Club, then skip on over to Mach Dunes for the second nine. Then wrap it all up with a celebration at The Old Clubhouse. Most of this tournament is reserved for members of area golf clubs.
Learn more about MDGC membership here.
Come see the black sheep return to the course at The Black Sheep Open and the Playing-In-of-the-Sheep! Enjoy a full weekend of events on our GB&I Top–100 Course and throughout our winning resort, as well as the seasonal return of our famous four legged spectators. Choose your participation level a la carte, or receive a special pricing for all listed events with accommodation.
- Friday Practice Round – £20 (non members)
- Saturday Tournament – Mach Dunes Member £10; Kintyre Local £15; Standard Entry £20*
- Prize giving with a Cheese and Wine reception in The Kintyre Club – £5
- The Kintyre Club will be open for a la carte dining for tournament participants, guests and any Kintyre Club member. Reservations recommended. Music by Alec McPhee following dinner.
- August Medal and Sweepstake on Sunday – £20 for non members
- All Events & 3-day/2-night stay at The Royal or Ugadale Hotels – £199 per person, based on double occupancy.*
*Offers entitle guests solely to the event(s) listed , and do not include accommodation. † All offer subject to availability, includes VAT and excludes £3 per night resort fee.
When the summer winds down and the refreshing cool breezes return to Machrihanish Dunes, so too comes the Autumn Pairs Classic. This better-ball stroke play event is open to ladies and gents alike. There are a variety of prizes you can win for Closest to the Pin, Longest Drive, Scratch & Net and more! Afterwards, enjoy a buffet, live music and awards ceremony at the exclusive Kintyre Club.
£30/pair for locals
Reception: £22 for all